Picture it – you have built your online business from the ground up and are starting to see some serious (some being the operative word) return on investment (or ROI for those of us who are content marketing geeks). This is good, right?
WRONG. If you had the misguided belief that somehow all you had to do to grow your online business and watch your profits skyrocket would be to add water and presto… instant success, you have come to the right blog.
The truth is it is hard work taking your company to the next level of success. Inevitably, you reach a point where you are too busy to do all the work yourself, but not yet profiting enough to hire help.
For example – you know you need content marketing but you are running out of hours in your day, and you can’t afford to hire someone full-time to produce blog content. This is where outsourcing your content marketing needs comes in. We like to think of ourselves as the superhero in a cape who arrives in the nick of time to find business owners sadly swamped with inventory tracking, sales managing, and shipping products, all while still needing to develop a content marketing strategy and then actually produce the content!
A content marketing agency partner swoops up the struggling entrepreneur into our arms and blast off into the night sky. We’ve avoided all peril and saved the day. THAT is what a content marketing agency can do for you and your online business.
Great, you think. So, all I have to do is hire a content marketing agency to achieve the ultimate success? But wait, why do I need to be rescued in the first place? Let’s explore.
Content marketing agencies are worth their weight in gold (and who doesn’t like gold?) because they are experts at using the following marketing strategies to bring customers to your business and convert clicks into sales:
- Google Ad words: Google AdWords is an incredible method to catch the consideration of potential clients when they’re mindful that they have an issue. Running a solutions-focused AdWords campaign can be profoundly productive, since a great many people go to Google to discover answers for their problem areas.
- SEO: Achieving ranking for your content in Internet searches isn’t as simple as building “brand awareness” or getting more site visits – it’s much more complex than that. By getting your articles to rank high in searches, you’ll have the chance to catch expected clients at the ideal stage in the purchaser’s journey — right when they understand they have an issue and need your answer!
- Social and multi-media advertising: Many social media platforms are now providing targeting features for their users – coupled with their enormous client base, the socials supply an incredible marketing channel for any business to see a solid return for capital invested. On Facebook, for example, you can focus advertising to specific segments of your larger target audience. You can focus on gender, location, age, and take a more holistic approach to address things like interests, special announcements, and significant life events. YouTube generates and keeps more 18-49 year-olds than the top 10 early evening TV programs in the U.S. This huge target market, combined with the expanded commitment that goes with video advertising makes this avenue an incredible way to see a return on advertising investment.
- Mobile marketing: More than half of mobile searches lead to a click-through. At the point when that search is connected to a neighborhood business, that number is significantly higher: 78% of mobile searches in a particular neighborhood result in customers stopping by the brick-and-mortar shops in that locale. An added rich source of buying trend information comes from search terms. There is an assortment of alternatives that agencies have with regards to marketing for mobile formats; for example, portable YouTube promotions, in-application promotions, and mobile app install campaigns.
- Content marketing: Numerous multi-million dollar organizations have their first successes grounded in content marketing. Most organizations’ content creation is as simple as composing a couple of weekly blog entries and throwing them up on a site. Businesses that care about purchases over vanity measurements understand that there’s a lot more to it. The right creative agency or content marketing partner will create blog content but may also offer marketing services that include content optimization, content distribution, delivery and reporting, and even a marketing strategy.
- Email marketing: Despite all the new “socials” springing up, email actually produces the most return on investment for advertisers. Surprisingly, $38 is generated for each $1 spent on email advertising. Content marketing agencies are able to help you with building your client email list, engaging with the list so you don’t fade from their minds, segmentation for more targeted emails, or making efficient use of autoresponders.
Technical Aspect Management
Content marketing agencies are a good investment of your time and money because they take care of managing the stuff you aren’t necessarily good at and implementing the stuff you don’t have time for.
In general, agencies will cover the following elements to create a successful marketing campaign for your company:
- Customized marketing messages – Prior to running an effective marketing effort, you need to have a solid understanding of your clients’ backgrounds. What makes them tick? What are their interests? Most advertising messages wind up sounding tired and robot-like. This is due to the fact that most organizations don’t invest the necessary time and effort needed to genuinely understand their clients. To know how to reach your customers, you need to know about them, their experiences, and the problems they are coming to your business to solve.
- Documentation of systems, processes, workflows for specific goals – Scaling anything requires the right documentation of frameworks, cycles, and work processes that go into achieving a particular goal. So, to effectively post a blog entry, run a PR crusade, run promotions on social media or through paid advertising, etc., having a structured system is a necessity.
- Tools – Driving customers to your website (otherwise known as inbound marketing) needs a whole lot of effort and a wide range of tools from beginning to end. For instance, you may need email advertising tools (like MailChimp or Drip), analytical applications (like Google Examination or KISSmetrics), project and communication tools like Slack, and then some. These tools and applications help you with efficiency. This means that achieving your goals is all the more likely.
- Consistency – Do you have the time and patience it takes to really make an impact? How sustainable have your recent efforts to launch a successful marketing campaign been? Feeling burnt out and it’s only been a week? Consistency and patience is the name of the game for inbound marketing, and the most successful companies have been at it aggressively for years…YEARS. A successful content strategy means posting on a regular basis.
- Quality – you can write, therefore you can blog…but is it really that easy? We’ve already proven that blogging is somewhat of an art. You want to make a lasting impression with your content, and this starts with curating blogs that people actually want to read.
- Experience – Creating seriously engaging content that your customers are consistently happy with, or reporting solid processes that keep your systems on target is hard! Recruiting a content marketing agency means bringing on a team of experts who will hit the ground running, allowing you to focus instead on important business-related activities. Content marketing agencies employ a number of specialists who work for you each and every month. You will not need to stress over handling business and curating content. Indeed, the more individuals you have working for you to get results, the quicker those results will come. After all, you have to spend money to make money.
Peace of Mind
In case you aren’t convinced at this point, hiring a content marketing agency is like investing in a stock that is 100% guaranteed to bring you a return for your investment….and perhaps even a return that is double, triple, or quadruple what you spent.
The peace of mind you will undoubtedly experience by placing the promotion of your company in the capable hands of those who are marketing superheroes makes hiring a content marketing agency a sure bet.