For companies to connect with consumers today, they need more than just a website and some social media pages. With so much noise and content being published online every day, a strategic content marketing plan is critical.
You could develop a content marketing strategy by yourself. But do you have the skills needed to produce content regularly? Have you read up on the latest trends and best practices for search engine optimization (SEO)? Do you have the time available to create and implement your content?
If you answered no to any of those questions, you could greatly benefit from working with a content marketing team like okwrite.
Content marketing (blogging specifically) can do so many positive things for your business. First, it helps you educate consumers about your products or services. It also creates content to post across your social media channels. Most importantly though, it helps improve your website’s SEO and creates new opportunities for potential customers to find your website online.
But how can you find the right agency and people to work with? Read on to learn about the benefits of a content marketing agency and how to find one you can trust.
Benefits of a Content Marketing Agency
If you’ve been thinking about getting started with content marketing, a type of inbound marketing, and need an agency to work with, here are some things to consider as you compare your options.
Content Strategy Expertise
When you hire an agency to manage your content creation, you benefit from their expertise. An agency is able to combine its knowledge of the latest marketing trends and years of experience when building strategies.
At okwrite, we have a thorough discovery process where we meet with you to learn about your business, what makes it unique, and how we can highlight that. From there, our team of strategists gets to work developing a plan and regularly communicating with you to ensure the project is accomplishing your goals.
Our content creation process ensures that it speaks to your target audience, your marketing goals, and your unique marketing strategy.
Quality & Professional Content
Typos, grammar mistakes, and poorly developed ideas can all negatively impact a piece of content.
When you work with a marketing team, your content is written and edited by a team of professional writers and editors. You can rest assured that you’ll receive high-quality custom content that is well-researched and helps your brand reach its marketing goals, whether it is through thought leadership, brand awareness, lead generation, and much more.
A Diverse Knowledge Bank
Another benefit of working with a content marketing company is the team you work with and the diverse knowledge they share. Everyone brings a diverse outlook to the table and having a team to help develop your strategy can help unlock new ideas and thoughts.
A content marketing agency will have a growing team of writers with different backgrounds and areas of expertise. When a client uses okwrite for a project, for example, we can match your business to writers who best understand your niche.
Understand Best Practices and Latest Trends
The world of search engine optimization (SEO) is always changing. Content marketing agencies need to stay up to date on best practices and the newest trends in digital marketing to keep their clients happy. The content creation will also be integrated with any current marketing campaign that you have ongoing, so your marketing is comprehensive and synchronized.
By working with an agency, you don’t have to spend time learning about these newest developments and how to stay ahead online.
Qualities of a Professional Content Marketing Agency
Now that you’ve learned about some of the benefits a content marketing agency provides, it’s time to learn what separates the good from the bad.
These are five qualities to look for when comparing content marketing agency options:
- Strategic and Goal Oriented: When you work with an agency, their goal should be about helping you to achieve your marketing goals. This includes building a strategy that is based on your goals and is SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and time-based) goals. At okwrite, your content strategist will take the time to learn about your business and make sure that the content we produce is aligned with your content strategy and SMART goals.
- Comprehensive Research and Discovery: One of the biggest problems with content mills is that the content is usually unoriginal and uninspired. In a lot of cases, you can expect the content you receive to more or less be paraphrased content from existing articles on the internet. A real content marketer will take the time to get to know your business and what sets it apart.
At okwrite, our team has a thorough discovery process where you walk us through your business and products. As a professional content marketing agency, we also look at your competitors and spend time researching every topic before writing a piece of content. Our clients received well-researched and original content with each project.
- Open Communication and Collaboration with Clients: Communication between a client and agency is critical for success. At okwrite, we want to make sure that you’re happy with our work and it’s exceeding your standards. That’s why we regularly communicate back and forth with our clients. As content comes in from our writers, you’ll have the opportunity to review it, ask for revisions, and give feedback to help improve each piece of your project.
- Clearly Defined Process: The last thing you want is confusion about timelines and expectations. Your content marketing agency should have a clearly defined process in place for each project. This means you know when you can expect to receive content, when any feedback is due to the writers, and everyone is on the same page. As mentioned above, we are in regular communication with our clients so that they know what stage we’re at in their project and what to expect next.
- Professional Quality Content: If you ask, a good agency should be able to share a portfolio of work. A professional content writing agency should have a collection of past work to show you what they can do. Even better if they can provide metrics about how the content performed and what it did for that business.
Red Flags to Watch Out For:
A lot of marketing agencies today offer content marketing as part of their services. That doesn’t mean they’re experts though.
When considering your options, here are some red flags to watch out for:
Priced Too Low
Content marketing doesn’t have to be expensive, but it shouldn’t cost you next to nothing either.
If the company you’re speaking to low-balls their pricing, you might end up getting what you pay for. If an agency is priced too cheaply, it likely means they’re cutting corners somewhere.
Communication between a client and agency should be ongoing. From the beginning, the agency should be regularly communicating with you about the project, offer rough timelines, and clearly define expectations.
If you’re considering hiring an agency and their communication skills are poor, this should be a major red flag.
All Talk – No Proof
Don’t fall into the trap of buzzwords and storytelling. A quality content marketing agency should be able to clearly explain their process to you.
Every agency should be able to provide past examples of client projects and the results they achieved for the client. If they can’t offer this or won’t let you connect with an existing client to get their opinion, the secret formula they’re pitching you might be too good to be true.
Building a Long-Term Partnership
Arguably the biggest benefit of finding a content marketing firm you can trust is the long term B2B partnership. Chances are, you’ll need more blog content in the future and we’ll be here for you.
You can be confident that you’ll receive high-quality work each and every time. Finding the right agency allows you to create a partnership and have assets at your disposal to create new content as you need it.
If you’re interested in our content marketing services and want to learn more, contact our team today!
We’d love to learn more about your business and discuss how we can implement a content marketing strategy to help you get more website traffic. If you’re looking for a more robust SEO and digital marketing strategy taken care of for you, you’ll want to speak with one of our sales reps to select one of our content marketing managed services packages.